What is UDP?
User Defined Project (UDP) is the project that a group or individual student decides to make on their own through their creativity without approaching through external sources. The UDP is to be done on your own with taking help of internal guide.
What is IDP?
Industry Defined Project (IDP) is a project performed by individual student or group for their last year project from industry. This is to be engaged during both semesters at industry where you are engaged for the project. The solutions to the problems and obstacles are solved by the external and internal guide.
The project assigned by industry is to be approved by the College Faculties and by GTU also. The project comprises of overcoming the existing problem to various issues faced during some work held before taking the project.
In 7th Semester, teaching scheme is 0-0-4, with 4 credits worth of 150 marks.
(Out of 150 marks, 50 marks are to be given for Problem Definition. The college, through internal evaluation, will assess the Industry Defined problems, submitted by students during the first week of the seventh semester. The remaining 100 marks are for the practical exam, to be conducted by the University.)
In 8th Semester, teaching scheme is 0-0-4, with 4 credits worth of 150 marks.
In the 8th Semester out of 400 marks 300 marks are for the practical exam by the University and 100 marks are for Internal Practical exam.
1. The format for problem definition may be specified by dept. /college. The common form for the problem definition can be downloaded from GTU website. (Click here)
2. Each final year Project will be a Major Project. It will be divided into two Semesters of work.
- Each defined project needs to be from Industry/Research organization/Govt.organization/socio-technical issues.
- Project identification should be based on “Shodh-Yatra” carried out by the students after completion of B.E Semester 6th Examination but before starting of the 7thSemester.
- Problem definition for the project needs to be submitted by every student in the first week of the 7th Semester to his/her college.
- Each definition will be evaluated in the beginning of the 7th semester itself by the College.
- Every College should send all the Problem Definitions in the specified format to GTU before September.
Guidelines for the students
- The students are required to identify their problem during the summer of 2011 and they are required to follow all the rules and instructions issued by department, for safety and other requirements.
- Each student or student group would work under the guidance of the Faculty from the College. In case any problem/other issue arises for the smooth progress of IDP discovery/Practical Training, it should be immediately brought to the notice of theUdisha Club Co-ordinator /Faculty /Department/Principal or Chairman of your Sankul.
- The students are required to submit the Problem Definition (in the specified format) to their Head of the Department in their College during the first week of the 7th semester.